Magento is the best open-source content management system for e-commerce web sites. We think it is the best online shopping platform nowadays.
According to the research conducted by aheadWorks in May 2015, Magento’s market share among the 30 most popular e-commerce platforms is about 29.8% ( Magento CE leads with 25.3%).
According Magento data – 240,000 sites ( October 2015) are using their platforms. Please look at our blog post What is Magento market share in 2015.
Why Magento is the best online shopping cms
- many version available: open source Magento Community, Enterprise, Fashion and Small Business
- eBay is based on Magento
- hundreds of built in eCommerce features that other platforms don’t have
- many free of charge or very low cost valuable extensions and plugins
- many good developers globally due to PHP, MySQL and Zend framework usage
- many ready good, responsive templates available for free or below $100
- frequent security updates
- easiness to integrate with 3rd party software via API
- many great online shopping features:
- multi store in one click
- multi-language versions in one click
- easy to edit pages, blocks, products data
- simple, configurable, virtual, downloadable and grouped products
- inventory management
- advanced pricing rules setup: product tiers, by different type of customer, etc.
- related products, upsell products, x-sell products – a great solution automated Quartic.
- moderated customer reviews
- a built-in layered navigation with posibilities to easy filter products by color, size, prices, etc
- one-page checkout
- many shipping options: free shipping, UPS,DHL, etc.
- many payment gates options: hundreds globally – credit cards, Paypal, Autorizenet, etc.
- SEO optimized – but still needs your work to update all meta tags and alt tags
Please find the full feature lists here: Magento Feature lists